Removals to Finland From Dublin
Finland came top of the 156 countries listed in the 2019 World Happiness Report (participating countries were judged in terms of their generosity, life expectancy, and freedom). The Scandinavian country has also been acknowledged for offering a high quality of life, and for being exceptionally peaceful.
With such glowing accolades it’s no wonder you’re considering a move to Finland!
This Northern European country is neighbour to Sweden, Norway and Russia, and is a mecca for those hoping to take in the awe-inspiring Northern Lights (which can be seen from the Artic Lapland). The capital city, Helsinki offers plenty too – with lush parks, captivating museums, stunning architecture and numerous places to grab a bite to eat and welcome drink.
Ten Reasons to Fall in Love with Finland
It’s not hard to see why people fall in love with the country (and why Finns are officially the happiest people in the world)! Here’s why we think you will love it too:
- The Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) light up Finland and dazzle enthralled visitors every winter. If you live there you get to witness the spectacle as often as you like!
- There are numerous lakes (over 180,000) and the water is deemed to be of the freshest and cleanest in the world.
- You will also find acres of forest to lose yourself in, in fact more than 70% of Finland is covered by woodland. It’s fair to say tree-huggers will be in their element here.
- Finland invented the sauna, and there are millions (yes, millions). Everyone is sauna mad, and if you’re going to do it properly you need to go au naturel, leave your towel at the door!
- Finland is a skier’s paradise and you can ski for around six months every year. Enjoy the late spring sunshine as you negotiate the slopes and traverse the snowy landscape (cross-country skiing is big here).
- If you like Heavy Metal Finland is the country to live in. The country has produced many prominent artists and bands including Nightwish, Apocalyptica, and Children of Bodom.
- The Finnish invented a special day, known as “Restaurant Day.” On this day you can create your own pop up restaurant wherever you want! Yum.
- Summer in Finland is pretty spectacular – the country is known as the land of the midnight sun. If you’re in the South the sun rarely sets during June and July. Head further North (past the Artic Circle) and you can expect 24-hour sunlight from May through to August.
- Finland boasts some crazy competitions and championships including mobile phone throwing, swamp football, air guitar and wife-carrying. You’re bound to find something you excel at.
- We’ve saved the best until last (drum roll please). Finland is home to the one and Santa Claus. The jolly fellow in the famous red suit resides in Rovaniemi, Lapland.
Can We Help You with Your Move?
If you’ve fell for the charms of Finland and are looking to relocate then we can help you. Here at Get Cracking we offer a friendly and professional removals service, and cater for any size move (big or small) within the UK and Europe. We offer courier and pallet service, part load and full load services and container shipments too. Contact our team today and let us get you underway as you start your brand-new life in Finland.