Switzerland is a dream alpine destination for many people residing in different European countries. From cheese lovers to banking experts, it’s a preferred location for professionals looking to settle down in one of the most beautiful and intriguing countries in the world. Removal experts at Get Cracking know Switzerland like the back of their hands. Removals to Switzerland is quicker, safer, and affordable, courtesy our local knowledge and fleet of vehicles.
Every week we complete several house moves to Zurich, Bern, Lausanne, Bienne, Geneva, Lugano, Neuchatel, and Basel. Irrespective of whether you have only a few boxes to be moved to your new house in Switzerland or cars, we’re your trusted removal company to Switzerland.
Removals to Switzerland are extremely challenging and we’re the best removal company to Switzerland that can help you overcome all hurdles with ease. Equipped with knowledge about Swiss customs and a wide network spread around the country, we get your move completed without much hassle.
We’re far ahead of our competitors and all our customers can leverage the benefits offered by Get Cracking
Get Cracking sends a team for conducting free home surveys to assess the volume of goods to be moved to Switzerland. Once this survey is completed, our expert will suggest appropriate freight options to Switzerland. Our team will offer you reliable removals to Switzerland by paying attention to the minutest details. You have the following options to choose from:
Exclusive/Designated Road Service – You act as the sole owner of the vehicle when you choose this transport option. You need not share the vehicle with others and have the option of choosing a suitable delivery date. Irrespective of whether you avail removals to south of Switzerland or removals to North of Switzerland, you can choose the exact delivery date.
Service- Mutually Agreed Upon
Part Load/Groupage Road Service – If you want cheap removals to Switzerland, this is the best option. However, you cannot choose the exact delivery date when you opt for this service. Additionally, you’ll have to share the vehicle with our other customers. Our team offers you a delivery window and the exact date is confirmed only when we get to know.
Service- Twice every week
Courier Service – This is the perfect option if you want to ship only a few non-fragile items
Shipping Container– Shipping containers are a great option if you are shifting a large house i.e. the ones with 3 or more bedrooms. Standard size of a container is 20ft, which is enough for accommodating goods of a 3 bedrooms. Freight shipping is an ideal option for relocating goods from a large house or a car. Moreover, this is a great option for people looking for furniture delivery to Switzerland.
Removals to Switzerland is a completely different process involving export packing, transportation by road through foreign borders, export documentation, customs and the observance of local regulations and procedures at destination. But that’s all in a day’s work for Get Cracking.
We have vast experience in clearing customs both into and out of Switzerland and our dedicated team of move coordinators will guide you through the completion of Swiss customs documents. We are also able to offer transport under T1 documents for removals that need to transit through EU countries from or to Switzerland.
We’ve our depot facility at Dublin 11 and this containerise storage facility is within a modern warehouse. If you decide to store your goods in Ireland, you must consider the transit time as well. Thus, if you haven’t decided on the Switzerland address, you can always store you goods at our warehouse in Ireland.
If you aren’t sure about your address in Switzerland, you can always store the goods in our depot in Ireland. We have collaborated with several facility owners in Switzerland, so you have option of storing your goods there as well. Our team of experts will guide you if you need international storages.
Pets are adorable creatures and we respect the affection our customers have towards their pets. Thus, we take every step in ensuring that they reach your destination in Switzerland safely. We provide all the care and love your pets need during their journey. We’re aware of all the customs rules in Switzerland and our team takes care about all the necessary documentation and clearances for a smooth delivery of your pet. Travelling with pets in public transport is usually free but you’ll need to inform the airline in advance.
Relocation has risks, so when you move to Switzerland, you need to protect the goods. We offer comprehensive insurance coverage on all the goods so that you get the necessary protection in event of an untoward incident.
Transporting your car to Switzerland needs expert support. We offer quality logistics assistance to you so that the car reaches your Switzerland address safely. Contact us to learn more about our car transport service.
Our team will introduce you to an excellent European company dealing with FC Exchange. We shall, assist you at every step if you need to transfer money to Europe or UK. You not only get to transfer money quickly with FC Exchange but make savings too.
Get Cracking is always at your service while shifting to Switzerland and we make all the efforts to turn it into a smooth move. You’ve the best team by your side for removals Ireland to Switzerland.
How much will it cost to move to Switzerland?
The cost of your move depends on the delivery location and collection, month of the year, volume of goods, ease of access, transport option, etc. In order to arrive at the approximate value, you can use the online calculator – https://www.getcracking.ie/removals-calculator. We also arrange for an obligation-free in-home inspection at a convenient time. Fill up the quote by clicking on the above link
How do you decide the value of my goods?
Volume of goods decides the exact allocation quote when you decide to relocate to Switzerland. It’s the number of cubic meters/feet. The volume of goods decides the container size you’ll need and the associated costs. Use the calculator above to get a drift on the cost of your move. Opt for the obligation-free-in-home inspection by calling our office.
Will you be delivering the packing supplies before moving?
Yes, we deliver all the packing materials some days to a few weeks prior to moving. This provides you enough time.
When should you make the payments?
Payments are to be made in advance, except the storage charges billed monthly.
Can I pack my things?
Yes, you can pack your own things but then the goods can’t be covered by the insurance. However, ensure that the goods are packed properly.
What if you still don’t have an address in Switzerland to move to?
We have a warehouse at Dublin 11 and our warehouse is available at a nominal charge of €17/week + VAT.
Motor Vehicles – Documents Required
- Official foreign driver’s license
- Original certificate title
- Original bill of sale / purchase invoice
Pets – Documents Required
- Vaccination record
- Rabies required
- Veterinarian health certificate in German, French, Italian, or English
- Blood analysis may be requested depending on country of origin
Pets – Specific Regulations
- For countries with urban rabies, a blood analysis is required.
- The import of the pet can only be done 4 months after the vaccination.
- The veterinary health certificate must include the following information:
- Name and address of owner of the goods
- Description of animal (breed, sex, age, color)
- An attestation that the animal was clinically examined by a veterinarian prior to vaccination and found to be healthy
- Date of the preventive vaccination against rabies, type of vaccine, name of vaccine producer, and serial number of vaccine
- Stamp and signature of the veterinarian
- The import of pets is allowed with some restrictions; check with the destination agent for details.
- Potential owners of the goods should contact a Swiss Customs authorities or a local agent in Switzerland no less than 6 months prior to import if it has not been determined the pet will be permitted for import.
- The vaccination must have been administered no less than 30 days prior, but no more than 12 months after entering Switzerland.
Antiques, Artifacts, Carpets, Paintings – Documents Required
- Written letter of confirmation
- List of paintings with artist names and values
Antiques, Artifacts, Carpets, Paintings – Specific Regulations
- For all pictures and paintings, the owner of the goods must submit a letter to Customs attesting that none of the imported items are original artwork.
We’re responsible for your removals to Switzerland, door-to-door. Get Cracking is the best Ireland to Switzerland moving company and you can entrust us with your move without much deliberations.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport with clear photo
- Copy of bill of lading (OBL) / CMR (Road) / air waybill (AWB)
- Originally signed Customs form 18.44 (application for duty & tax-free clearance of removal goods)
- Supplemental declaration for alcoholic products
- Detailed inventory list
- Copy of residence permit (except for Swiss citizens and immigrants from the 15 initial EU states and from the EFTA states)
- If not yet available, copy of the work contract or letter of employment from Swiss employer (all confidential data such as salary, bonus, etc may be deleted)
- Registration at local Swiss town hall
- Coy of lease agreement / purchase contract (property title)
- Detailed packing list in German, French, Italian, or English
- Proof of stay more than 1 year outside of Switzerland (military booklet, attestation from Swiss Consulate or earlier de-registration) (returning citizens)
- Original Customs form 14.60 provided by employer, duly signed, and stamped (diplomats)
- Copy of “Carte de Légitimation” (diplomats)
- The importation of used household goods and personal effects into Switzerland is usually duty and tax free.
- All documents must be available at the time when the Customs formalities are affected.
- If documents are missing, Customs formalities can only arrange a temporary clearance.
- In these circumstances, Swiss Customs will levy an appropriate fee or ask for a deposit which is laid down according to the volume of the removal.
- The “Carte de Légitimation” takes approximately 2 months to obtain.
- Used household goods may be imported if it is in the owner of the goods’ possession, has been used abroad for at least 6 months, are for the continued use of the owner of the goods, and correspond to the normal requirements of an intended resident after importation.
- Personal office goods and papers belonging to the owner of the goods are considered household goods.
- Returning Swiss citizens qualify for duty-free entry if the duration of employment abroad exceeded 12 months.
- If possible, all goods should be imported in one consignment.
- If one or more documents are missing, generally the residence permit, import clearance can be arranged on a temporary basis, but a certain amount will need to be granted to Swiss custom’s. This amount will be refunded once all missing documents are provided, but within a maximum delay of 6 months. Swiss mover might ask you to advance the money
- Diplomats must have the Carte de Legitimation, which takes approximately 2 months to obtain. Clients who are not officially changing residence from abroad will have to pay duties and taxes
- People officially changing residence from abroad to Switzerland, can import duty free, all their effects. These have to be in their possession and being used at least 6 months prior to their official date of change of residence Effects can not be sold for a period of 1 year(date that will be shown on their residence permit) All documents must be available at the time when the Customs formalities are done.
- Later consignments should be listed on the inventory of the first shipment.
- If a later shipment is to follow, it should be noted on the owner of the goods’ declaration of personal household goods under the appropriate section.
- If the owner of the goods can prove that he is unable to proceed with the clearance of a second shipment, Customs will extend a delay for clearance up to 24 months from the date of the first clearance.
- Unaccompanied hand baggage may be imported duty free, provided it consists only of used personal effects and/or books.
- The shipment should be accompanied by an inventory and is subject to Customs inspection.
- If a secondary home is bought or rented, import of removal goods is free of duties and taxes.
- However, importation must occur close to the time of the issue of the purchase or lease contract.
- Cars do not fall under this rule and are not duty and tax-free, even if used.
- Drugs and narcotics
- Weapons (other than sporting and hunting guns)
- Anti-radar equipment
- Animal products from protected / endangered species (ivory, skins etc.)
- Fake items (e.g. watches, faked brand name & model items)
Popular Destinations We Cover in Switzerland
What our clients say about us
“Super company, lovely lads. Will be using these again and again for anything I need moved not just moving home. So professional and no short cuts taken. Thank you so much”
I can’t recommend enough Don and the guys from Get Cracking. Our move from Dublin to Co. Fermanagh with a toddler in tow went so smoothly. Very professional and friendly to deal with.
Great company very reliable and prices are competitive , would 100% recommend
Very efficient, helpful, friendly and calm, thank you Don and the 2 lads. I would highly recommend Get Cracking, beating the competition on pricing as well.