Sitting proudly on the banks of the River Isar, Munich is the third largest city in Germany and the capital of Bavaria. Munich has been restored to its former glory and revels in its Bavarian roots following two world wars. The city also revels in beer, so if you’re planning on a move to Munich you will need to become familiar with the Hofbrauhaus am Platzl Beer Hall which was built in 1589 by Duke Maximillian. As a local you will also need to raise a glass to the legendary Oktoberfest. Cheers!
Before you swig your first Bavarian brew or sample a Weisswurst (a white veal / pork sausage) you will need to organise your house move. This can involve a lot of worry, but you can ease some of the stress by seeking professional help. Make sure you hire a professional European removals company to assist in co-ordinating your removals to Munich, Germany, from Dublin.
Five Things You Should Know Before You Move to Munich.
A few little tit-bits we think you should know before you head to Germany.
- Public transport is quite costly, but it’s efficient and clean – delays are rare!
- Munich is home to the most amazing Christmas markets.
- The city is dog-friendly, your four-legged friend can accompany you to shops, pubs, and cafes, and can ride on public transport with you for free!
- There’s a great food and drink scene with cuisine from everywhere including Ethiopia and Italy, and whilst beer is favoured there are other drinks available.
- English is widely spoken here and menus are often listed in English – however not everyone speaks the language, and if you’re moving to Germany you should learn German – no excuses!
Can We Help You?
Moving is our specialty – we offer a friendly and professional service and can cater for any size move within the UK and Europe. We offer courier and pallet service, part load and full load services and even container shipments. We would be love to help you on your way to your new life in Germany and are confident we can do it efficiently and within budget.