Organizing Your Office Move: A Checklist for Success
If you’re transitioning into a new office you’ll appreciate this is a significant step on route to business evolution.
A new start can be the boost your company needs to unlock its true potential. Moves require meticulous planning, to safeguard against roadblocks which can prevent the process running smoothly.
You’ll want to get back to normal business functioning as soon as possible. This can be achieved with a streamlined transportation service which can enhance moving process.
But how do you know what to look for at each stage of proceedings?
Well, you can develop a foolproof business relocation strategy with a comprehensive plan. This should take every detail into account so you can get expert help.
To ensure you stay organized along the way, here is an effective chronological checklist for moving office:
3-6 Months Before
- Create a schedule for your move, including a time frame
- Discover a suitable business location
- Delegate responsibilities and tasks accordingly
- Take an inventory of existing equipment and furniture
- Make a list of businesses, institutions, people, organizations, and other relevant parties
2 Months Before
- Draw a floor plan for your new work environment
- Devise a telecommunications and networking plan
- Change your business address using USPS
- Review your lease
- Consider whether you have equipment which requires specialist movement
- Hire reliable movers
- Get insurance
- Conduct weekly meetings to coordinate your move with employees
1 Month Before
- Transfer utilities
- Announce your move to staff
- Offer packing guidance and determine a labeling system
- Tag everything that needs to be moved and create an inventory
- Gather supplies
- Archive old files
- Order new business cards and stationery
- Arrange security procedures
- Gain moving and parking permits
- Hire cleaning services
2 Weeks Before
- Ensure your new location is ready
- Clean up
- Back up important company information
- Develop a list of contacts
- Confirm pickup date and time with office movers
- Thoroughly inspect your new office environment
- Procure access cards and keys for employees
- Safely store confidential records
- Disconnect electronic devices and other appliances
- Put aside items which items which won’t be loaded during the move
- Ensure Removals Company are on sight
- Meet your moving team and give them the information they need to do their job
- Assign someone to perform a final walk-through to check for forgotten items
- Stir excitement with welcome packs for employees!
Remember, like Benjamin Franklin said, by failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.
Be organized on route to a success move! Get In touch with Get Cracking Office Removals Dublin, for help with make your office move as seamless and stress free as possible.